Monday, 17 September 2012

I ♥ Ami - Updated

My friend/fellow blogger Ami Horowitz is in hospital at the moment after being hit by a speeding car on Saturday. Tragically, Ami's parents were killed by the driver. Their family friends are also in hospital in serious condition. Thankfully, Ami survived. He has a broken elbow and ankle.  

I know that many people who follow this blog also follow Off the Path and Onto the Road, and have grown to care for this open, kind, wonderful person. I don't know how to help except to let him know that he is very much loved - even by people who have not met him in person! And to wish him much strength, and a very speedy recovery. If you have messages for Ami, please feel free to post them here, or in the comments on his blog.
Update:

Ami's surgeries were successful, and he has been transferred to rehab.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this. I know the support will mean a lot to him. Thank you also for your efforts with organizing a gift. Our hearts go out to him and his family in this terrible time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting us know. I will post on Ami's blog. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elisha Steinberg18 September 2012 00:29

    Maybe it would be better to send him e-cards through the hospital (as well)? I know he's gotten some already.

    Here's the link:
    http://www.rwjuh.edu/ecard/ecard.aspx

    Is he even checking his blog comments while he's in the hospital?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just horrible. So so sorry to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, that's just a horrible tragedy! I know that despite their differences, Ami's parents loved him very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is tragic news. I've been reading Ami's blog for a while and my heart goes out to him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be seeing Ami tomorrow and will make sure he knows about all of your posts and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ami, I'm so sorry. My heart is with you....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...